The Five "A's" Approach to the East Coast

Attractions:
      Biophysical:
           Bay of Fundy: I would like to go to the bay of Fundy because of the drastic tidal change that occurs every 4-6 hours.
           Farthest place east in Canada: I would like to set foot on the eastern most part of the country.
      Cultural:
           Saint Johns Harbour: Saint Johns Harbour is Canada's most eastern major port. The only way in and out of the harbour is to go through the narrows which is the mouth of the harbour.

St. John's, NFLD harbour.jpg

          Cabot Tower: Cabot Tower is the the first site to transmit messages across the Atlantic Ocean
Access:
   When I travel during the day I will taxis to get to my next stop.
   To get to the island of Newfoundland I will take the ferry from North Sydney, Nova Scotia to Port aux Basques.
Ferry time that I will take.
WeekdayDeparture
dd/mm/yyyy
TimeArrival
dd/mm/yyyy
TimeVessel
Thursday05/07/201210:0005/07/201215:30Blue Puttees
Ferry rates.
Port aux Basques, N. L. - North Sydney, N. S. (One Way)
Rates
Fuel Surcharge
Security Fee
Total
Adults 13 - 64 years
$30.79
$6.47
$3.50
$40.76

Reserved Seating - Day

$10.50

Accommodation:
Throughout my trip I will be staying in Motels to cut down on costs. The first night after my flight to New Brunswick I will be staying at the Fundy Bay Motel for $40. Motels have the luxury and privacy of your own house but are not near as expensive as hotels.  My second night in the Maritain's I will stay in the Cabot Trail Motel in Baddeck NS for  $65 - $125. Then the Next night will be in Newfoundland.

Activities:
    Well I'm on my trip I will do lots of catch and release fishing. Other activities include going to the beach, going to museums and art galleries, visiting Cabot Tower, and shopping at locally owned businesses. The main purpose of my trip is to travel to see the country, so I will be doing a lot  of looking around at my stops and taking pictures.

Amenities:
    What I need to feel comfortable on my trip is a clean and cosy place to stay, clean water, and good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment